Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Abundant Life Day Book
Author Nancy Guthrie 

Ultimately, to be blessed is to have the full, abundant, and ongoing life that only comes from God. The Abundant Life Day Book contains a year’s worth of daily reminders of what it means to live in the abundance of God’s blessing through Christ. When we begin to see how much God has given to us in Christ, and how much he is worth, we realize that all the things we were hoping to get from God—good health, loving relationships, protection from harm, material provision—are only temporary, tangible reminders of and pointers to all we have in Christ. God wants you to enjoy the assurance of his intention to bless you! The Abundant Life Day Book invites you to celebrate God’s blessings day after day.




MY REVIEW:


This full year devotional is full of encouragement and biblical sound. Nancy Guthrie goal is for us to see the Abundant Life God desires for us.The author wants us to see that God wants to bless us not condemn us.
Here is an example of one of the days post in the devotional.

I Find Joy in Doing Good For You
They will be my people, and I will be their God. and I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them.  Jeremiah 32:38-40

"I find joy in doing good for you, my child. Will you trust me to determine what is good and to provide it for you in my timing, on my terms? While I welcome you to pour out your wants before me, how I long for you to become so confident in my good purposes toward you that you will no longer beg me to accomplish your predetermined positive outcomes."
"As you become more convinced of my goodness and my commitment to your good, worship will move from a determined discipline to a natural outflow and expression of our love relationship.
You are a God who does not withhold from me. You have put a desire in my heart to worship you, which is your greatest good toward me..."


I use this devotional and would recommend it for everyone.



Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for this review.

No comments: