Sunday, March 20, 2011

FIRST LOVE


Do you remember what it was like when you first met Jesus as Lord and Savior? I had very little church background and knew little of the Bible but I new Jesus was real. Those days of walking hand in hand with my Lord, talking to Him as I would anyone else. No fancy prayer, but conversations like I would if you and I were setting side by side talking over tea. I prayed over everything asking God to help me when difficulties arose. I never doubted His love or His Word.

Later I began reading His Word and understood little of it but with the help of His Spirit it became easier to understand. I began to attend church, which is a good thing as the bible tells us to fellowship with one another (Hebrews 10:25).But somewhere along the way, our Americanize Christianity entered in and I looked more to it then I did to Christ Himself. My dependence change from that of my love of Christ to that of our church philosophy which in my opinion becomes based more on mens view than that of God's Word.

My hearts desire is to have my First Love relationship with God back. To walk hand in hand with Him, relying on His Spirit to guide and direct my life. With my dependence on Him alone. Jesus, it is you that I desire.

But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.
Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.
Revelation 2:4, 5

No comments: